Monday, February 11, 2013

Liebe Familie,
This was an extremely fabulous week:]
First of all, we had Austausch from Wednesday afternoon to Friday morning. Sister Jaynes came to Wien to work with me, and Sister Schulze and Sister Holmstead worked in Graz. We tausched in Mürzzuschlag, as per usual. I love the train ride between Wien and Graz. I will definitely be doing that when I return. Anyway, this is Sister Jaynes´s first transfer, so she is still a golden. I had to train her for a day and a half. It was very scary, but I didn`t lose her, and I kept her fed. Anywho, we taught Bright that night, and it was wonderful. Bright is one of my favorite people on this planet, and I also love being at her house. Bright had a friend over who is from Egypt and had a lot of interest in the Book of Mormon. She was so cool. She needed a Book of Mormon in Arabisch, and I only had German and Farsi with me. So we will have to bring it by later. But she was very excited about the Book of Mormon and temples:]
We also met with Karina that night. She is from Peru (I can`t remember if I`ve talked about her or not, so sorry if I have) and loves meeting with us. She is in her 30s, and just soaks up every principle. Her mother recently passed away. We taught the last third of the Plan of Salvation that night, and she was so excited about it! She is making so much progress. I am excited to see what happens with her:]
The next day, we visited a member in our ward who has had panic attacks due to her sick kid. Her kid got so sick that he had two seizures, and she literally worried herself sick. We visited her, and we were so glad we did. It was especially good that Sister Jaynes was there because one of her sisters had the same problem. Sister Jaynes was able to comfort the member more than we could have done. It`s incredible that the one day that Sister Jaynes was here was also the one day we visited this member... I am always so impressed with how many details the Lord has in our lives.
We also taught English class, which was a lot of fun. Daniel taught us how to make eggplant. On a sandwich, it was okay. But eating it plain afterwards was not my favorite. But we learned kitchen vocabulary - very useful terminology.
We taught Binod and Nita that night. I love those two so much. They are so incredible. And they just get it. It does not matter what the principle is. They are so receptive to the spirit. Everytime Binod opens his mouth, I learn something new, for example. They were just glowing that night. They were so excited about their baptisms on Sunday, and that they would receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost in a few more days.
The next morning, Sister Jaynes and I got on another train to Mürzzuschlag. We were both so nervous! The transfer calls were coming that morning, and I really felt like my time in Wien was up. I was nervous to see where I would go next. I felt very strongly that it was time to go. I just couldn`t figure out where. Sister Jaynes was nervous, too. She was so scared she and Sister Holmstead would get split up. She was especially scared that Sister Holmstead would leave Graz, causing Sister Jaynes to have to get to know a new companion who is not Sister Holmstead, and she would have to take over the area. But, Sister Jaynes and Sister Holmstead will be staying in Graz for the next six weeks. Their call came first. The calls of who are staying always come first. We waited awhile. Our call still hadn`t come. About 10 minutes to 8, the phone finally rang. The assistants were calling. If the zone leaders call, you are staying. If the assistants call, you are going. If President calls, you have an important leadership position (so for me that means I will be training). I answered the phone, and Elder Harris made light talk for a few minutes. Asked me how I was doing, how I liked Wien, bla bla bla bla bla. I was polite, but on the inside I was screaming, ``My heck, cut to the chase! Where am I going?!`` He then said, ``Sister Reid, you have been doing wonderful in Wien.``
``Thank you, Elder Harris. I have really liked it here.``
He then took a few minutes to get out his sentence about where I would be doing wonderful things next. Folks, I will no longer be serving in Wien 4. I am moving to... Neumarkt!! In the event that you don`t know where that is (as most people I have told (other missionaries aside) do not), I will explain to the best of my abilities. In the event that is not good enough, you all have access to Google maps, Google Earth, an actual map, and other means to locate cities in Western Europe. Neumarkt is north of Salzburg (they are in our district, meaning I will have to go into Salzburg once a week for district meetings!!) and has more cows than people. It will be a little bit (excuse the sarcasm) of a change to Wien, but I am way excited!!! Wien has been absolutely wonderful and fun. I have met the best people here and learned so much! I really am grateful I could be here in Wien. But I am also ready to see a new place and get to know a new set of people.
I love you all! Have a great week!
Liebe,
Sister Stephanie Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment